THOMAS WRIGHT, M.D., FACPh, FACP, Medical Director of
Laser Lipo & Vein Center in St. Louis, MO, was one of the first 200-plus surgeons in the nation to become a Diplomat in Phlebology by the American Board of Phlebology. He is a Fellow of the American College of Physician and a Fellow of the American College of Phlebology. Phlebolgy is a medical specialty that focus on the Treatment of Venous and Lymphatic Diseases. Dr. Wright attended Duke University for his undergraduate degree and earned his medical degree from the University of Missouri in Columbia, MO. Dr. Wright completed his residency at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
His professional affiliations include the American College of Phlebology, the American Medical Association, the American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery, the Missouri State Medical Association, the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery and the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
Dr. Wright has authored and presented several scientific papers on surgical techniques in the treatment of venous insufficiency.
Specialties:Phlebology, Cosmetic Surgery
Years in Practice: 22
Undergraduate:Duke University, Durham, NC, BS
Medical:University of Missouri Columbia, MO
Residency:University of Alabama Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama
- American Board of Phlebology
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Accolades and Awards
In 2012, Dr. Wright was honored by the American College of Phlebology for his original research. And in 2013, Dr. Wright was named a Top Doctor and Top Phlebologist in the Nation by HealthTap. Patients selected Dr. Wright for the Patients’ Choice Award and the Compassionate Doctor Award for 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013. He is a member of an elite group: More than 100,000 patient reviews and ratings are gathered each month, and this top rating has only been awarded to a select few of the nation’s most beloved doctors.
Dr. Wright conducts original research on vein disease and treatment. He has presented several papers on venous issues.
- Fellow American College of Phlebology, 2017
- Abstract Award for “Serum Lidocaine Levels after Tumescent Anesthesia”
- Patient Choice Award, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- AMA Physician Recognition Award, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Fellow of the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, 2006
- Fellow American College Physicians, 1995
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, 1991
- UMC School of Medicine Research Day Competition, 2nd place, 1991
- Howard Hughes’ Medical Institute Research Scholar, 1990
- PSI CHI Psychology Honor Society Duke University, 1986
- PSI Upsilon Academic Scholarship, 1983-1986
- American College of Phlebology
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS)
- Missouri State Medical Association (MSMA)
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS)
- American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
For more about Dr. Wright, or the Laser Lipo & vein center in St. Louis, MO, call today!